Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School - Take Two

As my mother pointed out, I started the last post by saying how cute Marley was on the first day of school and then forgot to put the picture in. In my defense - I actually tried to put the picture in a number of times, but my computer kept kicking me off the 'net and wanting me to try dial up every time I uploaded the picture (no clue why). So I eventually gave up. For some reason pictures of (somewhat boring) knitting were acceptable, just not 7 year olds. So I'll try again..isn't she cute?


Tonight was her first soccer practice. Unfortunately she's a couple of years behind the other girls, having never played before. And as Toby says, overcoming my "non-sport" genes is a tall order for her. She wasn't too happy out there, really having no clue what was going on, but hopefully it'll get better as the season progresses.

In much more interesting news, she finally learned to knit on Saturday! She's always wanted to, and we tried before, but I'm really not a great kid-knitting teacher. But somehow it all finally clicked and we have this:

Not bad, huh? I realized part way through that I might be teaching her some bad habits. Every row or two she asks me to count to see how many rows she has done. It must be something in the genes. I will say this about loose knitting - you definitely get done with a scarf much faster!

In grownup knitting news...I've deep-sixed the ugly orange scarf. I finally realized that destashing doesn't have to mean actually using up your old stuff. Getting rid of it is just fine. As I've said before...life is too short to knit crap!

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of your new blog, and I especially love the picture of the first day of school. That's my sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new blog header a LOT!

    GO MARLEY!!! KNIT!!! In NO TIME she'll be knitting socks - two at a time, of course. She has the perfect brain for it.

    ReplyDelete