Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I am weak

I broke my no-buy today. It was Marley's first day of second grade. Isn't she cute? Anyways, I decided to take the whole day off, since I like to be there when she gets out on the first day. Once we dealt with the free-for-all at school that was the beginning of the day, I had until 2:30 to myself! This doesn't happen too often.

So I decided to go to Webs, since I'm looking for a new organizer for my knitpicks interchangeable needles. I love the needles themselves, but the case is awful. After searching a little bit, I decided to check out stick sacks, which the website said Webs carried. Of course they didn't, but when I was there I was sucked into this scarf (sorry Mom, it's a Ravelry link and probably won't work for you.) So I bought the pattern and the yarn (Jojoland Melody) and it was a disaster. All the hexagon's are made from the outside in either on dpn's or magic loop. I tried both and both were awful. I had some suspicions reading the pattern before I bought it, but the store sample sucked me in. That seems to happen alot. So now I have MORE yarn I need to deal with in my use-up-my-stash frenzy. It's really a gorgeous fingering weight superwash merino, but without any nylon in it I'm scared to try socks. I've always wanted to make a fingering weight clapotis, so we'll see...

Speaking of destashing, I've started another Ribs & Ruffles scarf in some pretty hideous Adhoc Salsa yarn which I originally bought to make Marley a beach sweater, but she outgrew the one I was making before I finished it. I can't decide if it's kind of nice or just awful. If nothing else, it's awfully bright:
I also started a new pair of socks for Marley. I'm using some knitpicks yarn I got for myself originally, but didn't really like (in fact this yarn caused my original knitting hiatus last year). Hopefully I'll be able to overcome this in a kid size pair:


Here are my finished Franklin socks, for posterity's sake:

And the pumpkin hat I made for the pedicurist my mom and I go to:

I think that's it for now...unless I start something else new...

4 comments: