Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chat Noir - 110 Hours

I figured I should actually post one of my XS projects, since I talked about them so much a few days ago. This is Chat Noir, which has always been a favorite poster of Toby's. When I saw that Mystic Stitch had converted it to XS I knew I had to get it. Here's what the completed picture will (should?) look like. This is one of my oldest WIP's - I started it on January 1, 2003 (yeah it's been awhile!) and it may just be the death of me.

The chart is actually 9 pages of solid XS - with a total of 28,400 stitches! It's kind of "grided" into 10 x 10 stitch squares, which they suggest you complete one at a time. This does help you keep your place, but it also means in some of the busier spots (like that red halo thing around it's head) you may have some colors which are only used once in the 100 stitch square. So there's a lot of starting and stopping. It almost makes the big sections of black kind of boring in comparison. And who knew that DMC made quite so many shades of gold/yellow/tan to use in the background??

I've completed pages 1, 2 and 3 and parts of 4, 5 and 6, but I'm not yet to the halfway point. So if I've already logged 110 hours I probably have about 150 more to go. The things you will do for your husband (who, even after I've explained the whole "rotation" way of doing things, will still ask, "why aren't you working on my cat?" every time he sees me working on something else - nice!)

In house news, things seem to be moving through probate court very well and the realtor doesn't anticipate any delays. Now it's just the packing (and packing and packing and packing...) We've really only been it for a few days but I'm already sick to death of it. Living with King and Princess Packrat doesn't help either. Toby's said he's "in the mood to get rid of stuff", but I think I'll believe that when I see it. At least we're moving to a place that actually has more space to store stuff than here! I'll leave you with a picture of Sunny "helping" with the packing. What you can't see in the box is a little basket-type tray that he fit in perfectly. Some help, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Love the new names - King and Princess Packrat. I understand, I live with one too, Father Packrat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a box in my basement labeled "Box O' Marley" as Gene seems to feel that feeding the packrat tendencies is helpful. As soon as you're moved, she can add to the book collection.

    I get "Why aren't you working on my Norwegian sweater?" or "That doesn't look like my Norwegian sweater" a lot. I could explain that the US 3 needles and the endless swatch of black st st makes my hair curl and my eyes bleed... but why bother.

    ReplyDelete