Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Lady's Garden

Well I finally finished the first 10 hours on My Lady's Garden.  Between the dark fabric and my new stand it seemed to take forever.  I'm still not 100% sold on the fabric, but it's growing on me (plus I figured it's already paid for - why buy more?)  It's actually much more green than this picture shows (again with the crappy photo skills).  It's tough when you get a color in your mind that you want for a project and no one seems to make it.  But I think this will do.

My Lady's Garden (c) Mirabilia
32 ct tumbleweed linen
started 7/21/14, 7/29/14 - 10 hours

So I realized that it's almost August, and as any crafter knows, that means almost Christmas!  So I think I might need to put the rest of my rotation projects on hold for a little while and work on my brother and SIL's Family Sampler.  It's huge!

I probably won't get much stitching done this weekend - it's time for the PMC!  I will be volunteering on Friday in Sturbridge and Toby and I will be volunteering in Bourne on Saturday.  This is a really great weekend for a great event.  My company's Team Grodsky is well on their way to hitting their goal of $200,000 this year, which would bring our total for the 4 years we've participated to over $600,000!  Pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. You're making great progress, Kristen--I'm sure the fabric will end up looking perfect.

    Good luck with your fundraising event this weekend--such a great cause and an amazing amount of money to raise!

    ReplyDelete