Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Teeny Tiny Tardises (Tardii?)

I feel like I'm on a roll, at least with these small finishes.  On Saturday I finished Disappearing Tardis for Marley.  We're all "Whovians" and love Doctor Who, so as soon as we saw this design on Etsy I knew I needed to make it.  She just got home from a week away and I thought this would be a nice welcome home gift so I hurried up to get it done in time.  It was supposed to be a bookmark, but Marley had said she'd rather frame it, which made more sense to me anyways.  The only changes I made were to do the backstitch outline 2 shades darker than the Tardis for each one - one shade darker just didn't show up in my opinion.  I also (unintentionally) changed the spacing between the last 2 - the pattern had put an extra row between them, but I just did it the same as all the others.  Maybe it was a typo?  Anyway, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out (less happy with my picture taking skills - I need to work on that!)

Disappearing Tardis (c) DaleksTeaHouse
32 ct antique white jobelan
started 7/15/14, finished 7/26/14

In rotation news I'm still slogging through my first 10 hours of My Lady's Garden.  Between the dark fabric and trying to get used to my new stand it's pretty slow going.  Not to mention the distraction of a few new non-rotation WIP's that are, quite simply, just more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment