Monday, August 4, 2008

Mid-Year Resolution

So Toby and I have been talking lately about buying a house. It seems such a daunting task, but millions of people do it, so we figured why not us? (The most obvious reason of course being that it costs a RIDICULOUS amount of money around here. I’ve seen what house prices look like in different parts of the country. While I know we’re by no means the worst, we’re definitely not the best. Especially if you want a decent school system. But that’s a rant for another day…)

Anyways, I figure it’s time to start cutting costs around here, and the most obvious one for me being all of my craft-related expenditures. I think I’ve been pretty good lately – most spending is done at the beginning of a new obsession, and I haven’t had one of those in a while. But I guess I should still make a little mid-years resolution – No new craft expenses for the rest of the year (!) With 3 exceptions, of course (this is the part where Toby rolled his eyes…)

1. Deleted - super secret project

2. I will probably need more paper templates for the quilt I’m making Mark and Janelle. I think I’ve figured out the way to utilize what I have the most, but eventually I will run out. Seeing these are about $3.50 for 100, I figure I won’t break the bank buying a few more packages.

3. Rhinebeck – I figure this one doesn’t even need any justification. But even so, in the past I really haven't come home with toooo much, comparatively at least, so I figure I’m pretty safe there.

So there it is – and now that it’s out there, hopefully I’ll be able to stick with it! Of course I really need to address a few other areas (namely the fact that we eat out way too much and my new troll bracelet that needs a few more charms), but we’re taking baby steps I guess.

In crafting news…I’m plugging away at both quilts. Here’s where we’re at with Mark and Janelle’s – plus a bunch of partway finished flowers…


I’ve also started 2 baby pumpkin hats for gifts. They always seem to go over well.

I guess I don’t really have this blogging thing down yet. I haven’t quite figured out where people find the time, between working full time, kids and actually doing the crafts they’re blogging about. We've had a family wedding and a while learning to make pickles escapade I wanted to address, but never got around too. Guess I’ll have to work on some time management skills…

2 comments: