Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christine's Outside the Box Clapotis

Once upon a time (2006, maybe?) Katy and I decided to buy outside of our normal color zone at Rhinebeck. I still bought some Brooks Farms Four Play (my favorite yarn!), but instead of my normal Rhinebeck-red, I bought a lovely skein of mauve, green and cream. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but unfortunately didn't work out the way I planned. Basically it sat in the stash for a few years until I finally decided to do something with it. I decided to make a Clapotis, since I think that yarn and that pattern were pretty much made for each other, but still wasn't too gung ho about it. As pretty as it was, it just wasn't "me". So imagine my surprise when my friend Christine came to work after Christmas with a new coat in a perfectly matching shade of green - it was perfect for her. And luckily, she loved it!


Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn: Brooks Farm Four Play
Needles: Size 7
Started: Sometime in 2011
Finished: 1/8/12
My Ravelry Link: Christine's Outside the Box Clapotis

2 comments:

  1. The pictures dont do it justice how beautiful this scarf is. I admired it as she was making it thinking I would love one just like it. To my surprise it was for me. I could not have been more happy! Yes it does match my jacket perfectly, also the skirt I was wearing today when she gave it to me and already have plans to wear it Friday with another skirt I have. LOL I think I can honestly say I love it and you Kristen for making it for me.

    ReplyDelete