Monday, January 9, 2012

Toby's Boystown Beanie

I started the year thinking I would be doing a little more charity knitting, so I figured I’d try out the Boystown Beanie, one of She Makes Hats patterns. The jury’s still out on the whole charity-knitting concept, so at first I gave the hat to Marley, who loved the color (it matches her fleece and the grey in her winter jacket perfectly). I don’t think it really works for her (more on that soon, hopefully), so I think it will be for Toby. It was a fun knit which I actually finished in one day, but it was a Sunday, and I knit A LOT that day. But what a great way to start the year off, huh? I had picked this pattern specifically for a charity hat since the ribbing would fit a lot of head sizes, but it really is a lot of ribbing (and I knit ribbing pretty slow). I think I might like to try something with a little more stockinette in the future, although I think the ribbing does make for a pretty warm hat, even if it is just acrylic yarn (hey, it was Sunday – Webs was closed!)
Pattern: Boystown Beanie
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Charcoal Grey
Needles: Size 9
Started: 1/1/12
Finished: 1/1/12
My Ravelry Link: Boystown Beanie

No comments:

Post a Comment