Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Marley's Jane Hat

Since I decided that the Boystown Beanie just wasn’t cutting it for Marley, I decided to try a Jane Hat, using the same grey color since Marley loved it. This was a very fast knit, even though I decided to change to larger needles about half way through (started with 7/9 as per the pattern). The sewn in brim took a while for me to be satisfied, but it was totally worth it in the end. On a funny note, when I got to the decreases I wanted to magic loop it, since I didn’t have any size 10 dpns. The only 40” size 10’s I have are in my addi Click set, but when I went to get them I realized that I was missing a pair. Unfortunately I had put on one size 9 and one size 10 tip, so now I have two sizes of Clicks I can’t use. I started to tear apart my disaster-of-a-craft room, but no luck so far. Hopefully they will show up soon! (And I now own a cheap pair of size 10 dpns!)
Pattern: Jane Hat
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Charcoal Grey
Needles: Size 8 & 10
Started: 1/6/12
Finished: 1/9/12
My Ravelry Link: Marley's Jane Hat

4 comments: