Thursday, August 14, 2014

Bored Yet?


I almost am! Here's the Family Sampler at 40 hours...still pretty much the only thing I'm working on. The good part is that at least with a sampler design what you stitch keeps changing with all of the little motifs - keeps it interesting.
 
Family Sampler (c) Little House Needleworks
32 ct vintage buttercream linen
started 7/8/14, 8/13/14 - 40 hours

And I think this proves what I've thought all along - I'm a pretty slow stitcher. I may get a lot done, but that's only because I do it so often. But I'm okay with that, I guess. We're watching Hell on Wheels again and that keeps sucking me in. We watched it once before (the first 2 seasons) and I was annoyed how season 2 ended and stopped watching. But I'm giving it another chance, and last night we got through to where we had stopped before. Luckily Toby also likes it (he'll pretty much watch whatever I want, but he reserves the right to make fun of a lot of it!)

In non-boring, more-fun news, we had a great long weekend at Hampton Beach the past weekend. We went up Saturday night after Toby got out of work and spent Sunday at the beach with his parents. The water wasn't too bad, and the three of us had a lot of fun in it (no pictures of that though, I never remember pictures at the beach).

But I DID take a lot of pictures on our whirlwind tour on Monday. Marley (and Toby and I) love to walk around some of the towns in NH, so we visited both Exeter and Portsmouth (our favorites) before ending up in Kittery for dinner.

Here's Marley and Toby in Exeter, and a crazy turtle nursery sign...


And Marley outside her favorite bookstore up there...


In Portsmouth we stopped for lunch at Popovers, which is one of our all time favorites, and of course had to have (share!) their HUGE sundae afterwards.


We also visited the Life is Good Store, the game and puzzle store, and relaxed a bit on the main square...

Finally, after a little rest back at the camper we went up to Kittery to visit the Kittery Trading Post and eat dinner at Bob's Clam Hut...


And that just about sums up our little mini vacation. On Tuesday we mostly just relaxed and did most of Marley's school supply shopping. A lot of stuff crammed into a couple days, but I think everyone had fun. I think it surprised Marley how many pictures I took (I'm notoriously bad at this) and she asked her father "Why is mom taking so many pictures? Is one of us dying or something?" That just cracked me right up.

I didn't really stitch at all over the weekend, but crocheted instead. I find that's much easier to do "on the go". I had the bright idea that I would crochet potholders for all of the girls at work. This seemed like a brilliant idea at the beginning of the year, but I haven't gotten to far on the 16 (!) sets I need to make. But I figure I work much better under pressure anyways. A couple of years ago I made them for EVERYONE for Christmas, including Toby's extended family and somehow got them done. They were a big hit, so I think the girls here will like them as well. Between those and the Family Sampler, I think I'll be quite busy!

1 comment:

  1. Your Family Sampler is coming along nicely! I really like that design and the colors in it.

    Looks like a nice family trip to all of those wonderful New England towns :)

    ReplyDelete