Saturday, August 9, 2014

Family Sampler (still!)

So I'm still slogging away at the same piece. I've decided I'm really not cut out for one-at-a-time stitching, I'm starting to get a little antsy with it. But I'm really trying to stick with it and have reached 30 hours:

Family Sampler (c) Little House Needleworks
32 ct vintage buttercream linen
started 7/8/14, 8/8/14 - 30 hours

At least it's easy stitching, if not a little boring.  But I think it will definitly be worth it in the end.  You can see that I'm back to using my Needlework System 4 stand.  I had a problem with the original q-snap piece (it wasn't rotating correctly on one side).  After how long it took to get the stand originally I was a little miffed that I had to deal with it again, but I contacted the manufacturer directly and it couldn't have been easier.  They sent out a replacemet piece (postage paid) and will send UPS to pick up the defective piece (again, postage paid by them).  I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked out.  This piece rotates perfectly.  The whole thing is just a bit wobbly sometimes, but I think that might just be the nature of the beast.  I still haven't perfected stitching with both hands and revert back to one-handed.  20+  years is a hard habit to break!

Even though I'm not stitching anything else from my rotation, I do cheat on the sampler a bit from time to time (like when I'm at Angie's or my mom's...or any time I just don't feel like turning the timer on).  My other project at the moment is another Little House Needleworks design, Louise and Henry.  I figured this is what happens when knitting and stitching combine - cross stitch sheep! (I actually have another sheep piece that I really need to get to the framer.)


Louise and Henry (c) Little House Needleworks
32 ct. chestnut linen
started 7/26/14

This one doesn't look like all that much yet (those are sheep legs just needing a body!)  but I should get quite a bit done over our long weekend in NH since FS is just too big to bring anywhere.  I plan on stopping by the XS store up there as well at some point, which could prove a little dangerous.  There's a Lizzie*Kate kit I really want to get and I'm definitely hooked on these Little House Needlework designs...

No comments:

Post a Comment